« Sourcing food, sourcing food history: Researching FOOD in the Garden 2014 | Main | How to make a ghillie suit »

September 02, 2014

pimpays

Robert Lee was there also, and was also involved in the banking industry. I wonder if they knew one another, and associated etc. with just a touch of disdain in her voice!

Glen Hill

You realy have to admire people like William Tecumseh Sherman.Yes they have done some good things and bad things, but it is all for a the greater good of the country.I mean the man helped with the founding of California how can you not admire that.

Darla Vincent

I also like the fact that he just happened to be present in St. Louis during the shooting at Camp Jackson when Nathaniel Lyon forced the Missouri militia. And, last but not least, as I am from Louisiana, I like the fact that he was the first superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning and Military Academy, which is now LSU.

william

Interesting, wasn't aware of how involved he was with the founding of California. Robert Lee was there also, and was also involved in the banking industry. I wonder if they knew one another, and associated etc.
?

Julia

My great-Grandmother always referred to General Sherman as that "red-headed Yankee general" with just a touch of disdain in her voice!