« Why these colors don't run: Dyeing the Star-Spangled Banner | Main | True magic: Dialing up cell phone history with "Marty" Cooper »

April 23, 2014

Mick Womersley

Thanks for this post, Jeffrey. I was the college official that approved and helped organize the original road trip and donation. I was pleased to see the museum celebrating the legacy of the Jimmy Carter panels.

You may be interested to know that we still have most of the original panels here at the college. I had students in my PS3003 Sustainable Energy class clean up two and test them for energetic efficiency earlier this year:

http://ucsustainability.blogspot.com/2014/01/restoring-and-testing-another-jimmy.html

Tim LeCain

Great piece, Jeffrey! I predict Carter's wisdom, intelligence, and basic decency will continue to elevate his historic standing in the decades to come. The first president who seriously engaged with our post-oil future will surely win a lot or respect in the future!