« The tomatillo (tohm-ah-TEE-oh) | Main | American Girl Self-Guide, it’s here! »

September 17, 2012

Love to Fly Airplanes

I see you have Jefferson's desk; does the SI also have the original "Jefferson Bible"? I was in town for a conference a few months ago and remember seeing signage around DC and Philly for the exhibition, but I'm not sure where the actual book is usually housed. Thoughts?

Anirudh

Hi Erin,
I love how you started the article with reference to "Night at the Museum" movie. I didn't even know that there is a "Ask a Curator Day". Great info.

Regards,
Anirudh Bahadur

DIANNETESCH

how doyou decid whichitem toyake off display?

PHP Web Development

Its amazing information. I love this kind of features in cars. Can you tell me more features?

car

Wow some beautiful artifacts there, Its amazing how these curators are such experts on their specific field. Surely they have to have an investigative mind when trying to find histrocial evidence and information.

Suunto Black

I am impressed with what Shannon Perich, associate curator of Photographic History, has accomplished. The wall paper book is been nicely done. Shows time from a different perspective

USA Jeans

As a fellow curator I would ask, "What criteria do you impose on having to choose a limited number of items to showcase from such a vast potential pool of items?"

That is what I'm challenged with every day. There's so much I want to share but resources are limited.

about vietnam

wow, I like it, some beautiful artifacts there, Its amazing how these curators are such experts on their specific field.

NMAH

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for your question about Stanley. You can find out more about this modified Volkswagen Touareg in this blog post: http://blog.americanhistory.si.edu/osaycanyousee/2008/09/carlene-stephen.html Or your can use Twitter to ask Carlene tomorrow during #AskACurator Day!

Ao thun dong phuc

Thank you for this information :)

Toefl

faisal

Can you please enlighten more on the toy car, Stanley? Sounds really interesting, though I have never really heard much about it.