« Discovery in the collections: 1914 Kodachrome of George Eastman | Main | Growing Up in the 50s and 60s »

May 16, 2012

Carlos Ayala

This comment is in direct responce to Alan Lewis, CELIA CRUZ IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF AN AMERICAN, AND "WHOEVER SHE HAPPENS TO BE" IS THE MOST ICONIC CUBAN AMERICAN IN HISTORY, HAVE SOME MORE RESPECT FOR A LEGEND AND A QUEEN WHO CONTRIBUTED SO MUCH TO NOT ONLY OUR COUNTRY BUT THE WORLD. MY RESPECTS TO MR MURPHY BUT CLEARLY THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND THEY ELECTED CELIA CRUZ!

Brian Ladley

Audie Murphy is one of the most iconic legends in American military history and much deserving of the position.

Alan Lewis

If there is an iconic AMERICAN in this mix it is Audie Murphy and NOT whoever Celia Cruz happens to be. He is far more representative of an American Icon.

Luis Martin Herrera y Martinez

Proudly cast my vote for the One and Only Celia Cruz! What a great representative of Cuba for those who do not know our culture. She is still with us in song and spirit.

Azucar mi Negra!!!!

Ruxy Walsh

please vote for Audie a true American Hero. Selfless,brave,honorable,loyal and so much more. He truly deserves this honor.

Mary Ellen Johnson

I cast my vote for Audie Murphy.

Francine

I chose Samuel Morse, but looks like I'll have to wait a little bit.

Jordyn

Just voted, although as it stands now, Celia Cruz is going to win by a landslide! Will the portrait be in color or black and white?

gold

Audie Murphy he was my idol i love him so much.