« Remembering Frank Kameny, civil rights pioneer | Main | Lettuce delight you »

October 13, 2011

Brand Design

Food packaging is packaging for food. It requires protection, tampering resistance, and special physical, chemical, or biological needs. It also shows the product that is label to show any nutrition information on the food being consume. The goal of food packaging is to contain food in a cost-effective way that satisfies industry requirements and consumer desires, maintains food safety, and minimizes environmental impact.

Recycle San Diego

Too bad so many items are wrapped in plastic these days... Meanwhile, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch continues to grow.

Paul Griffith

TV dinners were considered a cultural scourge in my family - my grandmother, the matriarch, took great pride in her home-cookery. It was declasse' for any individual to partake of such lazy, pedestrian fare; it was almost a sign of moral turpitude.

For the record, I live mostly on Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken.

Max Oser

The 50's and 60's were filled with innovations for the home. From food, to packing, to clothing, the introduction of the home alarm. Always forward progress!

Christian

I can remember as a kid in the 70s having the TV dinners on metal trays. Not everyone had a microwave back then like they do today. They were often called a "radar range." I remember the glass soda bottles, too. My grandpa had a coke machine in his TV shop that dispensed 10 oz (I think) bottles. At least plastic 2-liter bottles keep kids like the one in the picture from dropping a bottle in the aisle and breaking it.

muckraker

Fantastic post! While reading the TV dinner part I could totally remember the way the mashed potatoes in there tasted. Thanks for sharing!