« Martin Luther King, Jr., through the Scurlock lens | Main | Seeing history through Battlestar Galactica glasses »

August 26, 2011

Andy

This article reminded me of the day when I was in Vancouver. I planned to go Victoria Islands by small airplane. When I got the the harbor, I was told that all flights were canceled. Later I got to know what happened from TV in my hotel room. The tragic events deeply affected my days later in Canada.

Hoc Hat Karaoke

So sad, thanks for sharing. David Mark

Ibrahim Khan

Good way to remember the sad moment.

keith carey

Nice photo from a 2001 terrorist attack.. But it's so so sad to see these images seeing people suffering because of terrorism.. So sad!

Fotograf

I can't believe this was almoust 10 years ago!

John Galt

how lucky we are to have a record of the happenings on this historic event.

J.J.

This post caused me to view photography differently. In the days following 9/11 photographers provided a service which is often overlooked - they captured the moment and allowed this generation and future ones the opportunity to experience NYC, D.C. and Pennsylvania recover from disaster. I will share photographs such as these with my 10th Grade U.S. History class to help them better understand 9/11 and its aftermath.

P.S. I was especially moved by the final picture you posted by Stephen Delroy - very powerful.

Much thanks,

J.J.