« Welcoming our littlest visitors | Main | Thanking our legacy donors »

November 24, 2010

Naomi Coquillon

It's so fun to hear that this recipe is a favorite in other households, and, Jen, I'm so glad you tried it and liked it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the stories of your Thanksgiving meals.

jimi

This Thanksgiving we did something different for us; everything was organically raised! And I have to say it was truly delicious. All the adults had a hand in preparing the meal and for us it seemed we were closer than we have been for years. Finding everything needed for a natural meal wasn't as difficult as I expected but it did take some time getting it together. Maybe that's what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about.

Jen Dollar

This was a great recipe. It doesn't sound like the traditional version of this dish, but I loved it because of that. I didn't drain all the pineapple juice and I did peanuts instead of walnuts and it turned out very interesting - rather good! Thanks from Central Florida!

Jordyn

This Thanksgiving I hosted my family (me + 5 others) at my house for the first time. I love to cook and fresh is important so I found recipes that let me accentuate fresh and local. The cranberry sauce with fresh, local (except for the cranberries!!) fruit was a hit, both the first time around and as leftovers. I have to be honest though and say that a part of me longed for the "striped cranberry sauce" of my childhood and early adulthood. Sure there's nothing even remotely fresh, local or probably even natural about it, but it didn't feel like a "real" Thanksgiving meal without it. Oh well.

Thanks so much for the Pistachio Fluff recipe! Sounds delicious!

Jon

Getting fresh ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner should be the most important part of preparing the meal. Places like Whole Foods or local farmers markets are available most everywhere. We need to get back to the basics and stay completely away (or as much as possible) from processed food. Most of the ingredients can't be pronounced by most.
However, the 'Pistachio Fluff' really sounds good, might try this one anyway. LOL

Val Garner

Thanks for the recipe on Pistachio Fluff, although I know it probably wasn't an early traditional dish, it's a real favorite and was looking for it!

Kelsey

I was just looking for this pistacho jello recipe for Thanksgiving. So glad you posted it. Thanks.