« Vince and Larry dummies "crash" into the Smithsonian | Main | Americans with Disabilities Act turns 20 »

July 23, 2010

David Rose

I grew up in Berkeley in the 60s, so I have some first hand knowledge of what it means to be in the middle of the civil rights movement. However, living like this filtered my vision about what was really going on in other parts of the country, or even the world for that matter. It was OK for my parents to be in an interracial marriage in Berkeley. It was even OK for my grandparents. And I was treated with respect and dignity for the most part. But to think back to what was going on in the rest of the country... it's just mind boggling.

Robert

What an amazing story. Most people today don't understand just how different things were not too long ago in relative history.

Jenn

The Greensboro 4 is a part of history that most of us didn't learn about in our regular history classes and books. But it is as impactful on the civil rights movement as Rosa Parks, who we all learn about.

I wonder why this is a lesser-heard part of history.