« The Archives Center collections come to life in "Sophisticated Ladies" | Main | Failure is wonderful »

June 11, 2010

Tyjon

I have all the atari,nintendo, and sega genesis pac-man games. I know over the years I have owned just about every version of pac-man and mrs. pac-man. I think the best version is the original pac-man because it is simple and to this day keeps me entertained.

Brian

O yes, this article brings back to my mind a lot of memories. Pac-man was one of my favorate games as far as i can recall from childhood memory. amazing how a game of such simple concept can sweep the world with wonders.

micron55

I have pac-man and Ms Pac Man on my computer right now and play it daily. What got me hooked on video games was Space Invaders. Those games along with Asteroids, Donkey Kong and Ice Castles were the really good games. The games today are boring, just violence for it's own sake. I dislike those. Dig-Dug, Centipede, Frogger and the like are also good. I even liked assembling hamburgers on my old Texas Instruments games. Why don't they come out with new games that are similar in style to the old ones?

Jonathan

I dropped so many quarters in that darn machine :) Was a blast and brings back great memories of our local bowling ally. Those were the days!

The graphic design elements were not the greatest but the logo caught your eye and made you play it, then you were hooked :).

Lex

After seeing this on Google I went and hunted out other versions of the game, it brought back so many memories. I forgot how hard the games actually is!

Jordan

I was the same way. I hadn't played the game in years and once I saw it on Google I was sucked in. I couldn't stop playing (even at work). Pac-Man is an awesomely fun game. :)

r4

Ohh the memories this article brings back. I can't tell you how much of my allowance money went into the guts of a pac man machine back in the 80's . Wow. And I remember Sunday mornings going to the arcade just to see who beat my score, and vowing to play until I got my high score back again :)

April Tourneau

Pac-Man was more than just a game, but to an entire generation it was became a culture.

Larry Cole

Lesley-Ann

I somehow managed to never play Pac-man, and never knew what the game was about - but the Pac-man character design is still instantly recognisable...like you said, it really wormed its way into popular culture.

art

I like this game so much but i think it don't beautyful in google