« In tribute to Lena Horne (June 30, 1917–May 9, 2010) | Main | Reopening the Dibner Library of Science and Technology »

May 17, 2010

Kurt Bell

I proposed to my fiance in front of the ruby slippers exhibition case at NMAH in December 2009. What a better way to pop the question to a Wizard of Oz afficiando! (she said yes!)

Chris

I must admit that this was a great proposal and really nice to see that you and the museum staff were kind and understanding enough to let civilians have this once in a lifetime experience. Hope this act of kindness will rub off on other instititions and personel that don't typically show this level of compassion and understanding.

J Meritt

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. We had such a great time and the museum was amazing to work with. They made my dream come true and perfect day that much better.

NMAH

@Rachel,
You can look at our terms of use here: http://www.si.edu/termsofuse/. We cannot link to commercial websites, but you can certainly link to our blog post.

Rachel

This is such a great proposal! Some guys are just so creative and smart when it comes to thinking up proposals tailored to them and their bride. Alot of people can be inspired by this.

Could we use it as an example of a great proposal on our website?

Steve

Great story! Gotta love a job with cool perks and one where you can pull neat stuff like this off. love it.

McKenna James

This was truly a touching and uplifting story. What a great jog you did for them! I wish this young couple all the best.

Kim

Amazing story! It was fantastic that the people at the museum helped to make sure it came off. I love unique wedding proposals and this is right up there. Kudos to you! A

Mike

Very touching and lovely story, I wish you both well for the future.

Catherine Bischoff

Gerat proposal. I know a local farmer who owned a tractor supply company around here. He took his girlfriend up in a plane and flew her over a field and when she looked down all these tractors were lined up spelling “will you marry me.” I thought that was unique.

Tom Ellis - Seattle Wedding Photographer

Wonderful story! And how amazing that the museum personnel were so great about helping make this happen. One more example of how most people really want to help if they can do so.

Funkified Entertainment

What a great proposal idea! I agree with Erick - kudos for helping Jason pull it off so successfully.

Erick @ Best of Wedding Photography

This is awesome. It's a great story. What's most striking to me is just how willing you were to cooperate with some regular people you don't know to carry this off. Somehow, I just wouldn't have expected Museum personnel to go along with this and be so involved. Kudos to you.

Erick

wedding wishing well

Thank you for sharing the story. The wedding proposal is very innovative and unique. It will certainly be something memorable. Its very difficult to think of a special way to propose. I really admire people who come up with great ideas like these.

Anette

Great Story! I am trying to coordinate a marriage proposal for a friend at the Smithsonian as well. Smithsonian, can you please help?