« The grooviest place on the National Mall | Main | Love the Smithsonian? Thank James Smithson. »

March 10, 2010

Barbara

Jason Wu certainly deserves the recognition and I'm glad the First Lady chose him. She's doing a great job with her fashion choices in general. Also, as a tall woman myself, I really like that Mrs. Obama is a great role model for tall girls and carries herself with style.

เสื้อ

I would say that it takes guts not to go with a world class designer

cinta persahabatan

The first African American first lady! Awesome! She looks beautiful.

Charlotte

I liked how Mrs Obama chose a designer that was not (at the time) very popular.. she didnt give in to outside pressures. The dress looked wonderful and proves that great talent can be found in many places.

larry

It is great to see the 1st Lady support a little known designer. It speaks highly of her commitment to the working class people over the rich and famous.

Anne

I'm so glad that a young designer can get this type of recognition. It is such a nice dress and manages to be classy and elegant at the same time. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it grew on me and knowing the story behind it makes it so much more likable.

hamilelik belirtileri

This was the first African American First Lady. I felt, imo, that the gown had to sum up all the years..not just what's popular in 2000..had to speak to all the dreams and past occasions as well as the present day. It was Cinderella, it was Martha Washington, it was Dolly Madison, it was the South..it was the North..it was the past and what the balls and dresses were in that time...the little girl dreams, the big girl dream..and all of this had to be captured in this first time. That's why I say ..it was a moment in time..and it was timelessness..and now, this never to be repeated event and the dress that captured ..also never to be repeated..will be in the Smithsonian.
Fashions will change, as they have..but this dress speaks to what it meant to me.

Frederico

What an incredible moment that must have been for Jason Wu! I love how open and encouraging Mrs. O is, how she's able to open the minds of those within the sound of her voice to the possibilities.

Matthew Lord

I didn't take notice of this, but my fiancee told me about it. I would say that it takes guts not to go with a world class designer, and I certainly respect that.

Alan Poster

Maybe not to everyone, but it was all I could have hoped for and more in one dress.

Debbie Thor

It was a bold move and one that made a statement when Mrs. Obama chose Jason Wu's design. She did not bow down to the pressure of selecting a world famous designer. She demonstrated that success is attainable for all who work hard and believe. It was a classy move by the first lady.

Chris

I like this idea of American dream that nothing is impossible. I think we should develop this further away that our own borders and help each other, create always more initiative and opportunities for designer internationally

Image Consultant

Mrs. Obama is a good example on how a person should be styled. She has she own style which reflects who she is an what she is about. I'm glad to see that unlike other first ladies she has not used the two piece suite for all occasions. Her stylist knows how to use Mrs Obama natural personal appeal.