« Cracking the genetic code | Main | Powerful lessons from the Greensboro Four »

February 26, 2010

Joe

Meant to add in my previous comment the fact that not only was Sonja Henie Olympic Champion in 1928, 32, and 36. She also held 10 World Championships and 6 European Championships from 1931 to 1936. Truly remarkable.

Joe

Facinating stuff, so much by so many great athletes. The design of the wheels of the inline skates, being larger in the middle and reducing in size towards the end does make sense.

The mention of the great Hollywood film star and Olympic gold medalist Sonja Henie takes me back (to far) Everyone was talking about her not just those who were interested in ice skating.

Really enjoyed your post, credit to you for performing this great feat or is it feet, looking forward to reading more feats, feets???

Bekir

That inline roller skate picture. Just...wow. We have certainly come a long way.

Canada Bingo

Wouldn't it be great to have Gretzky's skates from his last international appearance, in the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympic Games featured?

Apavi Veikals

23 miles per hour really unbelieveable. Even i cannot gain this speed even by bycycle. I think nobody can break this.

Alex

And there you have it, Olympic skating history, in just minutes. Thank you!
Though as I was reading about Brian Boitano, the song "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" kept popping in my head.

Joanne Froggattfan

Roller skating is my favorite sport and i appreciate the information you gave in the article.

Bonnie

Jesse

Nice article and a great resource, Sports:Breaking Records, Breaking Barriers. I'm a big Ali fan and love reading all I can about him.

Brisbane

Was looking for some info for my little upcoming Apolo Anton Ohno site. I will have to try and find that Dancing With The Stars season - i had no idea he was on there - i bet he tore it up!

Great skate pics btw - i will have to check out the museum some time.

Thanks for the info.

Busiman

It's hard to believe that Ohno wore those shoes in the 2002 Olympics, they look like a sculpture, a piece of art.