« Keeping our museum exteriors beautiful (and secure) | Main | Stories on "Stories on Money" »

December 07, 2009

Peter

After reading this I can taste our last holiday in Crete, they use eggplant in their cooking which I ate far too much of! Needs the local red wine to compliment it as well as the complimenmtary, and dangerous, Raki (if apollo 11 had been fuelled with Raki Armstrong would have been the first man to walk on Mars!). Thoroughly recommend the Chania area of Crete

12 days of xmas

Wow I love this article any chance I can run it on my 12 days of xmas
Recipe site I will post direct links back to here and not change anythiing so you will get the full credit that you deserve :-)

Dave Rosa

growing up, i never quite knew what to make of julia child, except that i liked her...tried her recipe for a christmas goose a few years ago and im still "bragging"...great pics and appreciate the "food tips"

Co de Naam (Malia Fanatic)

This is a great post (and the food looks SO GOOD!). And I know it is really important to make the eggplant just right. My (ex) mother in law knew just how to make it (she is Israeli) and last time I was in Crete I had a great eggplant dish close to Malia. But what really struck me was the great quality of your pictures. Wow, they are so clear! Who took those? Anyway... looking forward to more food stories (and pictures).

Dionysus

Excellent recipe and photos - I'm a Brit who lives on the Greek island of Crete, and zucchini and eggplant are everyday foods here, but I'm going to try this recipe today!

Steve

Egg plant (aubergine) does have a wonderful taste and texture when cooked well. I think this is a great post (so well written and illustrated), and I will be trying out the recipe.

Niko

that looks fantastic, can't wait to try it. thank you for posting.

Amy B.

Thanks so much for including links to the recipes - this is the first year we are growing eggplant in our garden, and now I have a plan for it :)

Marc Weisberg - Pet Photographer

I know this may sound crazy, but I'm an ex-chef, now a photographer, with a cat that loves to eat ratatouille. She especially loves when I slow roast it in the oven with olive oil and garlic. I told you it sounds crazy. Any way, I love your blog and Julia Child. The movie was great too! Some time just for fun you should try slicing your ingredients thinly layering them on parchment paper and on an oiled sheet pan an slow roasting them. There so yummy that way!

James Marks

Fell in love with Zucchini when I lived in NYC, great article.

Christmas Planner

I made ratatouille for the first time a few months ago for a christmas dinner party. I liked the dish because it was so colorful (green and red...you know). I fell in love with it and so did my kids. Now we have a yummy way to eat our veggies. I will definitely try Julia's recipe.

Michelle G.

I love zucchini! I've recently become quite the addict to them :) The ratatouille looks fantastic!

Liz Clayton

That looks amazing, time to run and get some eggplant.

Jeanette Hauser

Looks like just the thing to use in my beloved Le Crueset Dutch Oven.

I've made ratatouille before, but it always seem to come out oily. I'm confident that this will be wonderful. Thank you!

percy

I never tried this before. Thanks for the recipe! The pictures are indeed mouth watering!

DaVinci

Thank you so much for the recipe. Been looking for this. I love ratatouille!

Amir Aizudin

OMG, I love eggplant! Thanks for writing the recipe!

Kelly May

Thanks so much for the recipe, the pictures of your cooking look so tasty !!!