« Want to change your seven-year-old's life? | Main | The pit, the pacifier, and the pennies »

November 02, 2009

Casey John

mmmm looks delightful. I can't wait to try this myself. Those croutons look like they could be used for a whole slew of really great things.

Q

I was saddened to read (well past the event) that Child's contemporary Charlotte Turgeon died this past year. (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-26871-Gourmet-Food-Examiner~y2010m1d14-Famous-names-in-the-food-world-who-died-in-2009) I'd like to read more about the recipes from this grand dame, though I'm always happy to read Julia's too.

Melissa K

Hey Joe. My husband came upon your blog because I was a little baffled by what to do with the browned carrots and onions (Julia didn't say what to do with them after you brown them in the bacon fat). I saw that you tied them in a cheesecloth and that really helped me out. I just popped the casserole dish with the carrot/onion cheesecloth bag into the oven to cook for three hours. Our house smells great, too. :)

Kelly May

What a wonderful looking dish , I can practically smell its flavors from here !!!

Maggie Brown

Wow! I am inspired! I can't wait to start my first Julia Child recipe! I only wish I could smell your delicious looking Boeuf Bourguignon!

Irene

What a wonderful family project! Cooking has a way of bringing people together - if you can get along in the kitchen, you're likely to get along anywhere. It seems like we Americans are rediscovering a love for cooking (versus frozen dinners)!

Thuey

MMM...That looks sooo good!

Debra

This looks so yummy. My first Julia Child's recipe was Leg of Lamb with Garlic. I enjoyed her show on PBS every week when I was a youngster, I would watch her before, electric company. All her recipes just emit love of cooking,sharing and her energy towards life was awesome. As for my experience, they have alway been wonderful when I cooked one of her dishes. I had always wanted to do Beouf Bourguignon, now I will, thanks for the steps and the confidence that we can cook like Julia.