« A steampunk guide to the National Museum of American History | Main | Your local Smithsonian »

October 19, 2009

vet

How do you use the trussing needles? I wanna learn how to cook, but in still looking for easy recipes over the net. Thanks for sharing your article! I'd love to follow your recipe!

JillS.

Terrific job....looks amazing. What an effort on the duck - don't know if I have the fortitude to try it. Love the extra effort for the right butter - it is all about the butter. Great movie. Thanks for all the work on this post.

melissa

I watched the movie this weekend and really want to try the duck recipe for my family.

Patrick

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! Thank you very much for posting it. I'm off to the butcher to pick up a (deboned) duck.

Retta

I love trying new recipes, thankfully my mother made it easy for me to not fear the kitchen and trying out new foods. What kind of wine would you serve with this meal? Maybe a Cabernet Sauvignon?

Patti Boersma

May 3, 2010
I watched Julie and Julia last night on HBO. I had seen it at the theater and really enjoyed it, too. This duck recipe is just so intriguing, I have to try it. I've been online to acquire vol 1 and vol 2 of Julia's Mastering the art books and can't wait to start on the journey. I'll keep you posted!

Joan

Thanks for this recipe. I love duck, I am definately gonna have to try this. Looks delitious and you also you have it so neat and tidy :-) It is a skill to make a tasty food and also good looking! I appreciate that. Looking forward for more cooking inspiration.

Oron Barabi

I tried the same but replaced the duck with a chicken. it was smaller of course, but still very tasty and much more dietetic... :)

Heidi Mans

When you made this duck, did you serve it cold? I just made this the other day, served it cold like the recipe said, and we didn't like it at all. We ended up slicing it and sauteeing it and then it was really good! What did you do?

Stephen Ousby

My first time reading your blog, I wish you would have talked about the taste of the food. Especially the Pâté de Canard en Croûte its texture, did the stuffing flavors inter mingle with the duck or crust etc. My wife cooks French food and one of our greatest joys is eating the meal slowly and enjoying all the unique flavors, textures, and smells. Other wise it was a great blog

Linda

my mouth is watering just looking at all this