« Have you met Anna? | Main | Putting names with the faces of braceros »

October 26, 2009

Wusthof

What I want to know is if the first picture in the blog is one of a REAL rolling pin? lol

Samantha Augustine

I'm surprised to find this especially after I just watched Julie and Julia as well. Although I mull over actually having to go through all that time to make one or two of her classic recipes, I still think they will endure the test of time.

Mick

I agree about using a great rolling pin. I have a heavy duty rolling pin that I use in my kitchen for rolling out pizza bases, anything less in weight makes it so much more work.

I loved the Julie and Julia movie by the way, it got me quite inspired so I'll have to come back and check out more of her recipes here.

Cheers, Mick

Roberta

I was looking for a simple apple tart recipe to use up my bounty from the apple orchard, but this looks way beyond my humble cooking capabilites. (And that rolling pin looks like a well-tarred Louisville Slugger.) I'm definitely going to try your Easy Apple Crisp. Even I can make that!

Ana

I found this site after watching Julie and Julia. Like another commenter, I wondered what it would be like to work my way through her cookbook.

I love to cook and love trying new things. However, it seems her recipes are now outdated as people do not have hours upon hours to spend in the kitchen.

Lucy Pritchard

Good work - I tried this also but I could only muster some burnt offerings! I will try again this weekend while i'm still in the mood! Thanks. Lucy

Squinkies

I tested out the apple crisp recipe last night and everybody loved it. I added a crust to the bottom of it though. Thanks

Schwinn

Apple tarte tatin is an upside down apple tart in which the apples are caramelized in sugar and butter. It is very, very delicious and goes great with french vanilla ice-cream and is one of my favorite desserts!Its very healthy too.

Roberta

It looks so yummy. I think I'm going to try that immediately for my upcoming birthday. I just love it. Thank you for sharing such a recipe. Keep on sharing us what you know in the kitchen. You are a great help to us.

Michelle

Wow..that looks so good. Thanks for the recipe I will give this a try soon.

Dessert

That looks great. Thanks for the great recipe and the opportunity to let us look in your kitchen.

Jenn

Every time I see complicated French cooking, I think of the movie Julie & Julia. I've always wanted to follow in their footsteps and take a year and cook my way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Bridget

I find classical French cuisine to be delicious, but tedious. I'll make your recipe for Easy Apple Crisp any day because it's delicious, (I just tried it) and it doesn't take long to make! And the aroma while it's baking.....

Jodi Ann Miller

Wow, thank you for such a great recipe and for inviting us into your kitchen to watch you cook.

I love the apple crisp recipe - I have to be honest with you I never used to like eating apples ever since I was a young girl. Only a few years a go I started to eat them and know I enjoy apple pie with vanilla ice cream all the time.

Thank you for the recipe!

bernard

I grew up in Lamotte-Beuvron, the little town where the tarte Tatin was created, and just released the beta version of a website dedicated to it. It has tips on how to avoid (or solve) some of the problems you experienced. It also has lots of historical info about it. Thanks for sharing your experience and sources. I was not aware of Julia's clip, but added it to my site.

Irene

Thank you so much for the recipe! I am so glad you included images so we know how it should look. Good luck to anyone making this!

Gavin Allinson

Great photos, that is one huge Tarte Tartin I hope you had a lot of people visiting!

Gavin

Phoebe

Thank you for the apple crisp recipe - it is wonderful and satisfying! I used Granny Smith and Stayman apples which worked well. Regarding Julia's recipes, however, I choose to regard them as recreational reading!!

john

That sounds really fabulous and the recipe is truly delicious.

Theo

How funny. I have found the same rule to be true...I can spend all day following someone else's guidance when making a meal for the family or I can follow my instincts. Personally, your recipe seems much easier, and from my years of experience in the kitchen I know it will be tasty.

I like to make mine with fresh Gala apples that we pick from a local orchard...YUM. I love Fall.