« Made from scratch | Main | Treasures rediscovered »

August 19, 2009

Jason

It's so cool to see kids doing this type of stuff that really stimulates their creative and problem solving abilities instead of sitting in front of video games all day! Lego's rock!

Stan

It's great how this turned out to be a community project but to lay 300,000 LEGO bricks over 2 days is still quite an impressive feat.

Given that the Lemelson Center is inside the Smithsonian, the light bulb is a very good choice of project given the Washington/Benjamin Franklin connection. If this project is repeated, I'd like to see something that represents America's later achievements such as the space travel.

steven

That's so cool! Lego's are indeed very versatile. At the showroom of this Truck Accessories place they had built a truck display out of legos it was really cool. I wish i had taken a picture of it. :\

Joseph

That is so cool that anyone could make a part and they where all different disigns!! Good Job!

Kevon Jay

This is indeed a great article. Things like this I find really interesting and fascinating.

I dont know if people realise just how versatile lego is? Its been around for a very long time and has stood the test of time. Its still liked by kids and i recall playing it when I was young although I do admit I wasnt very good at it :(

It started out as wooden but was then changed to its current plastic composition in around 1956. Since then the LEGO made today still fits the lego that was made in 1956 - thats amazing!!!!

Also for every 1 million bricks produced by LEGO only about 18 are ever discarded.

I do admit that I'm a bit of a LEGO enthusiast

Cliff

That is pretty cool. I have always been a huge lego fan it is fun to see that being built! Thanks for a good article.