« Preserve-your-own | Main | Electric guitar pilgrimage »

July 29, 2009

Linda Amazeen

I was lucky enough to meet Julia Child in 1994 here in Seattle. I had a client with Cerebral Palsy, confined to a wheelchair and a true foodie. I was allowed to wheel him up on the platform where Julia Child was sitting and she graciously shook his hand and asked what his favorite recipe was in her cookbook. She posed for photos with Jeff and autographed the book. It truly made his year, never mind his day! We had to rush out and develop the film right then and there. She was a woman with style and grace.

Walter Hanig

I've made many of Julia's recipes including various souffles, boeuf bourgignon, and French bread. Frequently made recipes include onion soup, vichyssoise, and candied carrots.

MaryBettie Form

For many seasons, I watched Julia off and on. I never thought I could measure up although I love to cook. When the word "French" is used I usually tune out. We try to eat somewhat healthy and I don't think "French" qualifies. I admire Julia however and want to go though some of her books to check them out.

harriet Schwartz

I would love her Boeuf Bourguignon recipe. I lost her book in a recent move so this would be most helpful.

thanks.

Harriet Schwartz

Liz Tomkins

I grew up in the era of watching Julia Child on TV, but had no interest at the time, to care about cooking. Last weekend I saw the movie "Julie and Julia" and thought Meryl Streep portrayed Julia very well. I fix Sunday dinner for the family every week and my daughter and I cooked Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon. It was heavenly and I think would have gotten approval. Thanks for keeping memories and making new ones.

Alex McCarthy

I still haven't seen “Julie & Julia” so I don't know what the kitchen actually looks like yet.

I'm not the best cook but I'll have to try one of Julia's recipes to see how it turns out. Maybe I'll get lucky.