« 28 new American citizens | Main | Hey Detroit, where's the innovation? »

June 11, 2009

Dana Allen-Greil

Update: The Washington Post reports that three memorial funds have been set up for the family of Officer Johns. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/13/AR2009061302065.html

jgoreham

Such a tragedy, I work in a museum on a Canadian Forces base and am thankful for the great security and commissionaires provided who keep us safe. Johns is a hero.

Neejima

Deepest Condolences to family, friends, co-workers. I cry and mourn with you. Stephen is with the angels now and forever in our hearts. God bless him and you.

C. Briggs

The news of the tragic loss of Officer Stephen Johns made me think of the several helpful and friendly security guards I saw during visits to several Smithsonian museums last week. I appreciate their valuable service to the public and may the museum community never have to experience another loss like this one.

Claire Long

This horrible tragedy reminds all of us in the museum community how important our jobs are. We are the custodians of memory and history and the messages of the past must never be forgottan. If we learn nothing else from this horrible event its that the USHMM message of tolerance and understanding is more important now than ever.