« The spirit of invention | Main | Kids bored? Tell ‘em a story... »

June 26, 2009

Anthony

I find it sickening that everyone treated Michael Jackson like crap while he was alive. All of a sudden everyone loved him when ever he passed away. I'm not saying he was guilty or innocent, but the one true fact is he was a heck of an entertainer.

I grew up watching him. I think I was around 10 when "Thriller" came out. I had my parents buy me the video and I would watch it over and over again. I think it will be a long time until we see anyone to come even close to being the entertainer that Michael Jackson was. R.I.P.

Stephanie

When I was working at NMAI, I noticed more security guards around early one morning. When I asked who was the famous person visiting us, one guard said, "Michael Jackson". I was in shock, until I saw him and his children right in front of me at the Windows on Collections exhibit.

But what I remember most about that moment was his daughter, Paris. She was a normal young girl with a pink shirt, jeans, and long brown hair. She looked like so many of our visitors I would see each day. Right now, my thoughts keep going to her and her brothers.

Jay

I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing your love for MJ's music. He will be sorely missed.