« Springtime at the museum | Main | Of Nobel Prizes and erector sets »

May 15, 2009

Abe Jackson Sudan

It's also worth noting that a number of historical photographers focus on important landmarks in Pennsylvannia. For instance, Indepedence Hall, the Liberty Bell, etc., are all popular. Additionally, many enjoy photos of http://www.thoseamazingparks.com/philadelphia_park_park.php - Philadelphia Park, a meeting place that spans all generations.

Thina Doukas Photography Sydney

Fantastic article. As a photographer in Sydney shooting weddings for the last 9 years, the development of new age technology has shifted us from classic film to now a digital image as you know. Its amazing to see images from way back in tact and in very good condition. Great post will keep updated cheers!

Kellie

This is a great photo and article. I am a wedding photographer in wilmington, nc and i just love american history and the photography of our past! I love old photos. My aunt has been giving me some old photos. She was a wedding photographer in her 20's and 30's. She is 90 now! Its amaizing to see the details and whats in the background of the images!

Shaun

I really enjoyed your read and as a photographer am interested in the history of the subject. A few years ago I visited the Fox talbot museum.

LSAT Test Guy

The story of Rev. Levi Hill is such a dramatic piece of American history. I find myself rooting for him in your research. He was so widely and broadly ridiculed for his claims. I have to confess, it is hard to imagine color back in 1850 when the rest of the world was still hand-tinting daguerreotypes.

Congrats on your grant, I eagerly await your discoveries and hope that Hill's story gets more attention as a result.