« Lincoln lives on in 2277 | Main | Your burning questions answered: First Ladies' dresses »

February 16, 2009

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e553a80e10883401053722b81c970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference O say can you sing?:

sohbet

Yea, I love to sing in the shower, but I'm afraid I am not very good at it.

Bebek Mağazaları

Thanks.In Austria the custom of singing the national anthem has vanished and I doubt that more than 1 one 10 people even know the text of the first verse. Bebek Mağazaları

Singing

Who doesn't like to sing in the shower? We all do at some point of our lives. The beauty about it is when you do it, you'd like to believe you are Jennifer Hudson herself and will not take no for an answer. Singing is beautiful and I live for it!

Alex

Yea, I love to sing in the shower, but I'm afraid I am not very good at it. My roommate keeps complaining on a daily basis.

In Austria the custom of singing the national anthem has vanished and I doubt that more than 1 one 10 people even know the text of the first verse.
So, hold on to that wonderful custom!

Tod Ramon

Wow I saw her too. What a talent. Beautiful AND talented. She'll go a long way. Looks like a nice person too. I hope she does well out of this. Great contest :-)

Justin

Wow, I just saw the winning entry. She's got a great voice! Thanks for linking it here.

Louis

hi guys!
Dunno why but i like this one from Radio Head ;-) check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02PhHaeRG4.

NMAH

Adam, Jordan Shelton of Arvada, Colo., was selected as the grand-prize winner. You can view her winning performance on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6-hxM94i4

Adam Dunk

I would be interested to see who won this. The Star Spangled Banner is a difficult song to sing and there are some dreadful performances of it on youtube.
@Marshall. In my basketball league we don't sing the anthem either but I definitely believe it can add to the occasion.

Susan

I like singing but for some reason, singing the national anthem is harder to sing. I have seen good singers sound bad while singing it but it is an important song regardless.

Marshall Tipkin

Wow. Very interesting. I dont sing myself but I find it interesting that alot of events are lead off with the singing of the national anthem. I have a New York basketball league in Queens and there was some debate as to whether we would lead off with the singing of the national anthem before the start of the days play (we are under time constraints) but this just gives some food for thought.

Kenneth Merrill

Performance by singing the anthem in any manner that deviates from the approved, accepted and time-honored manner is a mistake and borders on disrespect. The statement that versions by Gaye and Houston were hits is distinctly in error. The practice of adding notes or trills to demonstrate the ability to do so is only self-serving.
Many of the problems of our culture are a consequence of individuals or groups perceiving that rules or procedures are only for others, adn deviations from those rules are an opportunity for personal benefit or aggrandizement. Current events on every level reflect unethical to illegal behavior, just because the opportunity is present and the individual doesn't have the respect or sense of personal responsibility to observe proper standards.
Your campaign to encourage individual interpretations of the national anthem is misguided at best, and destructive at worst. Please reconsider and do not promote this activity.