« You don't need a helmet to do these tricks | Main | A moving experience »

October 01, 2008

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e553a80e1088340105351b2220970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Now we're really rolling:

Marilyn Melton

I am excited to see it again! My fifth great Aunt - Mary Young Pickersgill- made this flag, possibly with the help of my 4th great grandmother (Mary's older sister) who lived less than a block away. I am so greatful to Ralph Lauren and Hillary Clinton for making its restoration possible!

peggy reeder

Each Aug/Sept for the last 10 years, I teach my K-5 students about the history of the Star-Spangled Banner...both the song and the banner. They are extremely interested. They know all about the conservation project. We watch the History Channel's first DVD about the Banner and what little is shown on the Smithsonian website (there should be more). Finally, there is more to see. I hope you show even more on the next film when you display the banner. Not everyone can make it to D.C.

Kate

Very cool! Can't wait to see the SSB in its new home. Very interesting that it has to acclimate to the environment for 3 weeks before it is unrolled. Would love to hear more about the special care the flag is getting!

Keep up the great work American History!