« Celebrate Defender's Day! | Main | Who foots the bill? »

September 14, 2008

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e553a80e108834010534a4c94b970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The 194th anniversary of the Star-Spangled Banner:

Herb Carpenter

The story of the Star Spangled Banner is indeed a great one, and a personal one for me as well. Among my family possesions I found two invitations to the 100th Anniversary Celebration held in 1914 addressed to my Great-Grandmother and my Grandfather. This lead me on a genealogical journey only to discover that George Armistead was my GGGG-Grandfather. I have since visited the Smithsonian with my wife a few years ago, which was toward the end of the flag restoration project and at the time we visited Baltimore where I helped raise the flag one morning at Ft. McHenry. Now, my wife and I eagerly anticipate the opening of the museum and hall on November 21 and we will be there to share in this important historical event. We also look forward to the 200th Defender's Day Celebration in Baltimore and hope to be there in 6 more years.